In What can you eat on a Moderate Purine Gout Diet, I list some moderate purine foods.
This follows my previous two lists: Is Very Low Purine Gout Diet Possible? and Another Low Purine Foods List.
All these foods are from recent gout research from Japan. I will use their data to improve my Purine Rich Foods List. That might take some time, so I’ve listed the foods here. As this is Japanese research, some food items might be unfamiliar. I see that as a chance to try something new.
Moderate Purine Foods List
Moderate purine foods contain between 100 and 200mg purines per 100g food (700–1400µmol/100g). Other purine food classes are:
Very Low Purine Foods,
Low Purine Foods,
High Purine Foods,
Very High Purine Foods.
Moderate Purine Soybean Products, and Dried Seaweeds
- Fermented soybean (Natto)
- Soybean (dried)
- Hijiki Seaweed
Moderate Purine Mushrooms
- Jew’s-ear (dried)
Moderate Purine Vegetables
- Broccoli sprout
- Spinach (Young leaf)
Moderate Purine Beef
Moderate Purine Chicken
- White meat
Moderate Purine Pork
- Shoulder knee
- See more Moderate Purine Pork
Other Moderate Purine Fresh Meats
Moderate Purine Processed Meat
- Prosciutto (Parma ham)
Moderate Purine Fresh Fish
- Arabesque greenling
- Bastard halibut
- Chub mackerel
- Fat greenling
- Flying fish
- Gnomefish Meat
- Jack mackerel
- Japanese amberjack
- Japanese seabass
- Monkfish Liver (raw)
- Pacific saury
- Rainbow trout
- Red seabream
- Sablefish Meat
- Spanish mackerel
- Striped pigfish
- Weather loach
- Yellow striped flounder
Moderate Purine Seafood
- Pollock roe (marinated, Mentaiko)
- Pollock roe (Tarako)
- Botan shrimp (roe)
- Common orient clam
- Crab Ovary
- Firefly squid
- Japanese flying squid
- Kuruma shrimp
- Sea Urchin
- Shiba shrimp
- Snow crab
- Spear squid
- Spiny lobster
Moderate Purine Processed Fish
- Half-dried Shishamo with roe
- Canned Salmon
- Canned Tuna
Moderate Purine Seasonings and Supplements
- Oyster sauce
- Powder soup Consomme
- Powder soup Chinese soup
- Rice bran
- Chondroitin and Beer yeast
Your Moderate Purine Gout Foods
Controlling purine intake only makes sense if you check uric acid at least once a month. Your doctor should arrange blood tests. Some people like to test uric acid at home. But, be careful! Uric acid test kits are not toys. You must be prepared to adopt meticulous test routines for accurate results. I can help you with that with my new gout recovery templates.
Also, you need to be aware that purines are not the only problem food for gout sufferers. Read What Foods Cause Gout to learn the other 4 aspects of gout diet you must consider. If purines are important to you, as well as the new lists in this series, you should read my Foods High In Uric Acid List.
I'm working on templates that help you identify, understand, and resolve your moderate purine food concerns. In the meantime, you can start by adding notes about what you've learned about moderate purine foods so far.
All you do is highlight any text that interests you. Then click "Annotations" to personalize any GoutPal page. Which means you can keep your moderate purine foods notes linked here, where you can always find them.
Do you need help with annotations? Or other unanswered questions or unresolved concerns? Then please tell me below. Or, if you prefer to use email, then subscribe to my free newsletter.
Leave Moderate Purine Gout Foods to return to Gout Progression Phase 5: Start Uric Acid Cure.
Moderate Purine Gout Foods Comments
Please add your comments here. Or see more feedback options below.
Your feedback options are:
- Easy Gout Comments. Add comments above.
- Focused Gout Concerns. Create a new issue about any gout concern that you want to resolve. Or join an existing issue.
- General Gout Chat. Start a new discussion about any gout topic that interests you. Or join an existing discussion.
- Versatile Gout Annotations. Annotations allow you to personalize GoutPal pages to help you learn. But they also work as a feedback option. Especially if you use the Public Group, the GoutPal Links Subscriber Group, or a GoutPal Project Group. For more information, I recommend that you subscribe to my free newsletter.
If you are asking a question, it is best to:
- Search for that question in the GoutPal Search Engine first.
- Choose the most relevant result.
- Refer to that result as you ask your question.
Moderate Purine Gout Foods Related Topics
Please remember: to find more related pages that are relevant to you, use the search box near the top of every page.
Common Terms: fish, halibut, Most Helpful Gout Pages, pork, salmon, seafood, spinach
Other posts that include these terms:
- High Alkaline Foods for Gout Diet Menu
- Gout Foods Table for Vegetables
- Vitamin B for Gout Herbalists
- Gout Food List for GoutPal Foodies
- Gout Foods Table for Meat
- Foods High in Uric Acid Chart
- Purine Rich Foods
- Does Alcohol Affect Gout?
- Colchicine For Gout
- What Foods Cause Gout?
- Is Chinese Food Bad For Gout?
- Is Very Low Purine Gout Diet Possible?
- Edamame and Gout: Vegetable Medley
- Gout Symptoms, Causes, & Diagnosis
Please give your feedback
Did this page help you? If yes, please consider a small donation. Your donations help keep GoutPal's gout support services free for everyone.
If not, please tell me how I can improve it to help you more.