GoutPal Contributor Updates Service keeps you up-to-date with gout discussions. So learn how to choose:
- Which gout topics do you need updates about?
- Do you want notice by:
- Smartphone notification
- Web browser notification
The choice is yours. Because you can subscribe to as many GoutPal Contributor update services as you like – they are all free. So, if you want to know more, read on.
Please note that this page relates to contributions to GoutPal on GitHub. Where Issues and Discussions are replacing the GoutPal forums. I am preparing new explanations of email and web push notification services. In the meantime, here are the subscription links:
GoutPal Links Subscriber NewsletterThere are now two newsletters:
- GoutPal Links Subscriber Newsletter. Free to everyone, you get emails about new gout facts and FAQs. As well as, lifetime access to additional subscriber content. As at September 2022, I’m adding subscriber content. Along with documentation about the features and benefits of GoutPal Links. I describe this as the `Pre-launch` period. During which, subscribers will get features that I may subsequently move to Member services. This is a no-cost, no-risk opportunity to stay updated with news about all gout and uric acid topics.
- GoutPal Links Member’s Newsletter. This service requires monthly or yearly payment. Because members gain access to premium information and support. I will start to promote this service once the Subscriber tier is complete. GoutPal Links Members will get all the Subscriber benefits. Plus earlier access to new content, more research information, and tools that make all your gout projects easier to manage.
Both these newsletters work differently from the previous update service. Because that was an automated service that generated emails whenever I published new articles or changed old ones. But in the new service, I curate all updates and summarize the key points for you. Plus, you get updates about the extra resources that go beyond the webpage information.
GoutPal Contributor Updates
Contributors are people who post their ideas about gout in Discussions or Issues. These contributions are separate from the main website, and hosted by a third party - GitHub.com. GitHub also provides a notification service which is additional to my GoutPal Links Newsletter. Note that youy can subscribe to Discussions and Issues without contributing any comments. Before subscribing to GoutPal Contributor Updates, you should think about your level of interest in gout information. Because you can subscribe to:
- All GoutPal Contributor Updates
- Selected gout and uric acid topics
- Somewhere between (tailored updates)
All GoutPal Contributor Updates
This notification service operates across all of GoutPal. But you can still customize this. In fact, I highly recommend that you start with the Custom Options of Issues and Discussions. Because that allows you to see the latest information that is relevant to most gout sufferers. Then you can drop either Issues or Discussions if you find the topics uninteresting. But also see Tailored GoutPal Contributor Updates below.
The exact procedure to subscribe to All GoutPal Contributor Updates depends on whether you use the GitHub Mobile App or the GitHub website. But both options are easy to find.
Here's a screenshot from the GitHub Mobile App within the GoutPal repository. Showing the Custom selection of Issues and Discussions:
Selected GoutPal Contributor Updates
Alternatively, you can subscribe to individual Issues or Discussions. In the mobile app, you access this by tapping the 3 vertical dots in the top right of your screen. Then tap Subscribe.
Tailored GoutPal Contributor Updates
Between those 2 choices, you can tailor your subscriptions to exactly what you want. So start with subscribing to all Issues and/or Discussions. Then deselect those topics that don't interest you. In the mobile app, you access this by tapping the 3 vertical dots in the top right of your screen. Then tap Unsubscribe.
GoutPal Contributor Updates Privacy
I use GitHub to provide updates about new and revised gout articles. So if you are concerned about your email address privacy, you should know that this is a safe, secure, system with the highest privacy standards.
Furthermore, I never see your subscription details. So I don't even know you exist. Unless you share your ideas in GoutPal Issues or in GoutPal Discussions. But if you want to know more, read GitHub Privacy Statement.
Your GoutPal Contributor UpdatesAs you can see, the notification service is very flexible. So if you cannot see how to customize the service to suit your needs, just ask.
Leave GoutPal Contributor Updates to browse more tips for Using GoutPal.