Despite the fact that food plays a much smaller part in gout than most people think, there are some food choices that you can make that are better than others.
Definite Gout Remedy From Food
- Can orange juice make gout worse?
- Worried about orange juice and gout? Ignore the people who warn against it – they do not know what they are talking about. Orange juice is good for gout.
Potential Gout Remedy From Food
- Are figs good for gout?
- Morin, a compound found in figs and other fruit, has been shown to reduce uric acid in rats.
Not A Gout Remedy From Food
- Can i get uricase from foods for gout?
- No. Uricase is an enzyme that breaks down uric acid. Some animals have it, but not humans. Rasburicase (sold as Elitek) is only available to patients at risk of gout due to chemotherapy. Efforts are being made to produce a form that will be better tolerated (PEG-uricase).
Natural Gout Remedy – Next Steps
Look for similar questions in other areas of this Gout Treatments archive, and study the Gout Treatments reference pages for more details.
Natural gout remedy warning. Many natural gout remedies are foodstuffs or food supplements. No single food item should be considered except as part of a healthy balanced gout diet.
Leave Natural Gout Remedy to browse Gout Progression Phase 5: Start Uric Acid Cure.